Thursday, February 3, 2011

Facebook is a social utility that connects you with the people around you.

              Today, I watched The Social Network with my dad. It blew my mind. I mean, it really opened my mind to a lot of strategic business practices (clean/dirty), and really just portrayed a part of internet commerce I'd never thought to be present before. It also ventured into the world of human psychology and emotional dysfunction most possibly present in the minds of those who run our society. I mean, this movie totally made me re-think the world we live in (virtually), and the reasons that I do things I do. Blogging, for instance. Why? To show people how I feel. WRONG. I want people to know my intermost feelings, so I post reviews on Rihanna music videos and movies about the top social network in the world? NO. I do it to feel empowered. Blogging associates you with a feeling of prominence and significance. With every follower you gain, you feel as though someone out there is acknowledging your opinion as one worth listening to, reading, or whatever you'd like to call it. That's power. You speak, and people listen. You write, people read, phrase it how you'd like, people care about what you have to say. That movie really made me reconsider why the world is what it is, the basic strategy behind fame, as well as infamy, and the thin line between the two.

             Anyway, in addition to a story line that sticks with you for an hour afterwards, the mechanics of the movie were amazing. What really intrigued me, was the way they shot the movie to make it appeal to virtually, anyone. I mean, being a teenager in this day & age (I'm 16 for anyone who didn't know), of course I'm up to date with the way blogging works, and even some advanced coding, but my dad's not.. and it still appealed to him. I'm heavily interested in graphic composition, and this video was "allat", so to speak. The framing of the shots, the soundtrack, and the dialogue was intensely realistic.

Soooooooooo, as always, here's some screenshots:





 Aren't they delicious? Whosoever was on #teamstoryboard, did their thugdizzle.

               Oh, and one more thing that really impressed me about this movie was the way that they incooperated so many achetypes into one movie, and defied them SO very blantantly. The good guy turns out to be bad, but not really. He (the good guy), also finishes life WITHOUT getting the girl, or any girl for that matter. The bad guy (who is also the good guy), leaves litigation with billions, and still loses.

Way to go Mark Zuckerburg, you ROCK.

The moral of this movie was definitely, "To be successful, you have to give the world what no one else can, or what ANYBODY else can, FIRST."

Success and prosperity isn't about coming up with million-dollar ideas, it's about an exquisite execution of million dollar ideas, and adding YOUR flare, and turning it into a BILLION-DOLLAR idea. But, then again.. that's just what I got out of it. You can determine what you'd like when you watch it.

It's on DVD, I recommend you buy it. It's one for the books, to watch again & again. Redboxxing is cheating on this one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Copyrights of Najiyyah Phipps // 2¢ from the Teenage Billionaire & Phipps Phocal Photography 2011. Powered by Blogger.