Friday, February 4, 2011

FUCK Steve Harvey.

            Sooooo, I have to do it. So, here goes. So, probably about 3 weeks ago, I'm in the car with Kevin. Normally, he plays shit from his phone, and I just listen and accept it. This time was different. This time, in the car.. I was vibing, hardcore. I mean, head nodding and singing the outro choruses and shit. It was cool. I'm like, "WHO THE FUCK IS THIS?!!". Lol. And Kevin's all nonchalant like, "Oddfuture Wolfgang, this old-ass tape. You haven't heard it before?!" No mothafucka, I hadn't, but I'm SO happy I did. The group is entitled "Odd Future Wolf Gang", "OFWGKTA" for short, "Oddfuture for shorter", "DAMN this is a hot-ass beat!" for long. The two artists I'm gonna focus on tonight are Tyler the Creator, an 18-year-old producer rapper, and Earl Sweatshirt, a West-coast lyricist prodige. Together, the dynamic duo are unstoppable. They're like Slick Rick & Doug E. Fresh, except with a beat machine instead of hands, and music about rape and cannibalism, instead of girls and Gucci undies. And yes, I said rape & cannibalism. That's part of what makes their music so irresistible. Though their lyrics reek of anger, anguish, and agony, and their ad-libs include girls screaming, and "you gon' fuckin' love me, bitch", you still can't help but listen. It's kind of like a serious car crash. Even though there's blood and glass everywhere, you can't hope but stare into a scene full of despair, looking for signs of hope. I guess that's exactly what Earl & Tyler do for our generation, they offer hope to Generation Y's ascending musical mortality rate. 


This is Earl Sweatshirt's first (and only) mixtape, entitled Earl.


Here's the tracklist. Numbers 1&2, and 4-6 are my favorites. I paired 1 and 2 because it's a skit-track set, as are 5 and 6.


1.) Thisniggaugly
2.) Earl
3.) Couch (feat. Tyler, The Creator)
4.) Kill
5.) Wakeupfaggot
6.) Luper
7.) epaR (feat. Vince Staples)
8.) Moonlight (feat. Hodgy Beats)
9.) Pigions (feat. Wolf Haley)
10.) Stapleton



(Sorry for the weird-ass alignment, coding's fucked up) This is Tyler's first mixtape, entitled Bastard. My personal faves would have to be 1, 5, and 9-12.

1. Bastard
2. Seven
3. Odd Toddlers (ft. Casey Veggies)

4. French! (ft. Hodgy Beats)
5. Blow
6. Pigs Fly (ft. Domo Genesis)
7. Parade
8. Slow It Down (ft. Hodgy Beats)
9. AssMilk (ft. Earl)
10. VCR/Wheels
11. Session (ft. Hodgy Beats & BranDun Deshay)
12. Sarah
13. Jack And The Beanstalk
14. Tina (ft. Jasper & Taco)
15. Inglorious

Oh, but yeah. Click the mixtape titles to download the tapes.. and here's some videos to see. Check out their YouTube channel.





Earl's Music — Earl has a Twitter, but he doesn't use it. I try to give you guys updated shit though. His Twitter's @oddearl.


WARNING: BEFORE YOU LISTEN TO THIS MUSIC, this is NOT, I repeat, is NOT for those sensitive to rape or molestation, and those who can't handle graphic description of murder and/or slaughter. There's my two cents! :) Bye.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Copyrights of Najiyyah Phipps // 2¢ from the Teenage Billionaire & Phipps Phocal Photography 2011. Powered by Blogger.