Friday, July 29, 2011

Organic Conditioner x DIY

Okay, so I had the bald thing happening for a minute, but in a couple months, it's going to get a bit nippy outside, and I don't want to suffer like I did last winter, so I'm growing my mini fro back out! There's something about having natural hair that makes you want to use natural products in your hair. So, lately, I've been changing it up a bit. For one, I've been exfoliating my skin once a week with honey and sugar. Secondly, I found a recipe for a yogurt conditioner at Leon's Beauty Tips and Secrets.

However, I tweaked it a bit. For one, it wasn't enough. I wanted to have in in bulk so I didn't have to make it too often. It's fairly quick and easy, but why frequent if I don't have to? The original recipe made a little bit, so I changed it to make 3 cups. It fits snug in a 17.5 oz tub.

Yogurt Treatment Conditioner


2 cups of plain yogurt (regular grade is fine, but I prefer Greek for the thickness)
3/4 of a cup of honey
12 Vitamin E tablets
1 egg
4 tsps of lemon juice

DISCLAIMER: THIS STUFF LOOKS DISGUSTING WHEN YOU MIX IT UP. DON'T WORRY, IT'S JUST A PHASE.


I had some Biotin Vitamin E caps, so I just pierced them with a knife and squeezed the gel into the mixture. The original recipe would have called for 4 eggs, but that would've ruined it's consistency. I took pictures of how the mixture looks as you add things to it. I wish some one would have warned me that this would be an ugly duckling operation.


This is how the Vitamin E looked once I'd squeezed it all in.


This is once I'd mixed in EVERYTHING. Vomit-worthy.


And this is the final product! It pretty much looks like a regular conditioner. I added a bit of vanilla extract to mine so my hair could smell like something that's not yogurt once I was done. Basically, just massage the mixture into your natural hair after a wash. Because this requires a bit of work, I'd use this as a double-weekly deep conditioner, so just leave it in for [at least] 30 minutes, and then wash it out! I hope it works out, bye.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Copyrights of Najiyyah Phipps // 2¢ from the Teenage Billionaire & Phipps Phocal Photography 2011. Powered by Blogger.