Saturday, May 21, 2011

ONE MAN'S TRASH IS ANOTHER MAN'S TREASURE.

So, this morning, I went to a bajillion yard sales with my mom. I'm totally joking. We went to like 3. The first one was a bust, but the last 2 were scrumdiddlyumptious! I took pictures of all my fashion finds. Nothing I bought was above $2. These aren't everything I got, just a few things.


Burnt orange/black striped silk trousers: $1


This is the print close-up. The first picture didn't do it justice.


Vintage pearl necklace: $3


Gold and silver arm cuffs: $2/ea.


Silver single cuff: $1 // Gold bangles: $1/ea.


And last but not least, dark stoned studs for a dollar!

Now, before finishing this post, I want to tell a story that I got from the second yard sale. (That's where I got the pants) It was given to me for free by the woman of the house. She was an artist. In her house there were paintings, photographs, custom clothes, EVERYTHING. She was obviously extremely successful because of the items being sold. (My mom got a Ralph Lauren umbrella for a dollar). When I and my mom went in their house to look at the furniture, the woman told us about her husband. Three weeks ago, he was diagnosed with a terminal illness. It's predicted that he has about one year to live. He ceased all treatment and decided to sell their house. They made the plan THAT day, as well as put it on the market. It sold in two days. They're selling everything in their home for $1, and moving to a beachfront property in Mexico on June 1st. It's complete with a maid, butler, and poolboy. It has both an indoor and outdoor pool. She told us that everyone thinks they're crazy, but she wants to enjoy her last year with her husband. Live.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Copyrights of Najiyyah Phipps // 2¢ from the Teenage Billionaire & Phipps Phocal Photography 2011. Powered by Blogger.