Sunday, February 6, 2011

Devil in a New Dress..

            So, as you may/may not know, I'm going to prom. It's on April 9 (I'm looking for a date too, e-mail me ;)). But, yeah. In my previous post I laid out the dos and don'ts (mostly the don'ts) of prom attire, but now I'm on the hunt for a really amazing ensemble. Theoretically, this is my final prom, and I have to look absolutely amazing and spare at no expense to do so, but I'm me. And honestly, everybody should have a cut-off price. I maintain a steady lead (fashionably speaking) on mostly everyone within 600 miles of me, so I'd say I'm doing pretty good. I imagine that when I "have it like that", I'll spend whatever, but until then.. I'm sticking with thrift shops and discount boutique clothes. However. I digress.. I've found this gorgeous, gorgeous, border-line tacky party dress.


     I know it defies one of my rules, but that no long matters. It meets every criteria with the exception of the colored sequin rule, which doesn't even matter because that's what makes it so impressive. I love the way the dress is tailored. It's only £20, so that leaves plenty of room for error. It's only available in a UK 10 and 14. Because there's no store that I can access (being that I'm in NC, and the company's based in the UK), I'll order one of each. Whichever doesn't fit the worst gets sent back, (or sold on eBay), and the other stays in my care. Of course I'll have to get it contoured to fit down my back & cut off that hideous string thing. I was thinking of adding spikes or some sort of uniform embellishment to the shoulders. I'm not too sure yet though.

    When looking at this dress, I know you wonder.. WHAT SHOES WILL I WEAR?!! I've got it covered. The rules say to wear a complimentary color..

That would involve me wearing gold heels. Hopefully you don't think it's acceptable for me to wear a gold shoe with a fully sequined dress. It's not. And I'm damn sure not wearing a yellow shoe. So, I was thinking more of a turquiose/jade-type, suede shoe to compliment the sparkliness. Most likely a platform. A matte shoe would give a pop of color without taking away from the outrageousness of the dress, or adding too much to it.

The third pair is my personal fave. They're 6.8 inches. Oh, but yeah.. Then, arrives the concern of a bag.

That'll take care of the purple-turq transition. Last but not least, we need to address the hair/make-up situation. That dress will be ruined by some fool who's gone crazy with her make-up. I have natural hair, so it'd be best for me to leave it that way.. except I don't have a lot lot lot of afro, so I can just get some. Then I plan to do a light smokey eye and a nude lip combo. ROCKSTAR.


Along those lines. Lol. Sheesh, I just found my entire look in like an hour. Time to find a date -___- Bye.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Copyrights of Najiyyah Phipps // 2¢ from the Teenage Billionaire & Phipps Phocal Photography 2011. Powered by Blogger.